Come join our team of skilled and profession individuals, dedicated to providing a quality product to our customers. FMH is an equal opportunity employer.
View Job Listing
FMH is seeking a motivated, experienced Electrical Controls Engineer. Our engineers provide design and programming services in the development of plans and specifications for new and existing industrial electrical control systems. Control design experience should include knowledge of control panel layouts that are compliant with UL 508A, and knowledge of CE/EU directives and compliance. Experience with PLC, HMI, and motion controls is required. C, C++, and VB programming is desirable. Project deliverables include control wiring schematics, mechanical layout, control Panel BOMs, and electrical systems integration. You will work with a professional team dedicated to being the best electrical systems integrator and contract manufacturer of control systems in the area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 3-10 year experience in control panel design and layout
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of PLC based control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
- Proficiency in PLC programming.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of NEC, NRTL, UL, and CSA & CE.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical design and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
FMH is seeking a motivated, detail oriented individual as a Project Manager (PM). FMH PM’s are the core of our business model. Our Project Managers are the internal customer advocate for their customer’s projects driving to the winning outcome of a project being delivered “on time and on budget”. Our PM’s have experience building control panels or machines, can read engineering documents and wiring schematics, and have strong PC skills. PM’s report directly to the VP of Operations.
- Assures all projects adhere to goals for profitability.
- Responsible for the input of future jobs for their specific customers into Job Boss MRP system for production planning.
- Manages project documentation and job travelers for shop use and develops additional materials list needed for projects.
- Provide direction in the form of customer requirements when starting jobs. Any special information will be given to the production personnel.
- Responsible for assisting purchasing with the outsourcing of any part of the project.
- Works with the sales, engineering, production management and production personnel by providing information enabling work to move efficiently.
- Maintains job schedule notes daily to reflect real time status of projects.
- Communicates with the sales and marketing people as to any and all customer contacts.
- Attends production meeting daily and any customer required meeting.
- Work as customer interface on all WIP, includes meeting with customers and updating appropriate personnel on project changes.
HR Contact Information
- 5110 Main St NE, Suite 500
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55421
- 1 612 782 3050
- 1 612 782 3055
Job Inquiry Form
If you are interested in learning more about this position and FMH Control Systems, please fill out the form below and we will contact you.